Working two jobs right now. One at the vegan restaurant, the other at a greasy spoon diner. Money’s tight; and my pets, bills, addictions, and all the other life expenses are adding up, forcing me to work multiple jobs.
Working at the vegan restaurant is great: I work for two of my good friends, I’ve been there since day one, and I get paid to cook vegan food (my dream since I was 16).
Working at the diner has its pros and cons:
- Zero responsibility. I have my prep list. When it’s done, I get to decide what to do next,
- Good work environment. I work with my friends, stoners and sarcastic bastards all.
- The hours. I work 11PM to either 5 or 7AM. Those of you who know me or have followed this blog more than a week know that I am a fucking insomniac. I usually fall asleep at 8 or 9AM.
- I have to butcher meat, fish, and chicken. Cut, cook, and prep it. I have to cook with every single animal product there is, and it disgusts me daily. It might seem hypocritical to some that a vegan cooks and prepares animal products, but I became vegan, years ago, partly due to seeing how disgusting most restaurants are when they cook meat. It’s frankly unsanitary. Unfortunately this is one of the few jobs I am good at, and where jobs are readily available, so I bite the bullet.
- DRUNK FUCKING TOURISTS. FUCK YOU.
- Missing every single show, except for Thou (who usually plays around 8PM).